Monday, April 18, 2011

Island progress

Looking down into the mine. Can you tell that it's deeper than sea level?

This is all I'm doing. It seems like I might finish it in time, if I don't slack off.

Close up of the ocean surface.

The sea is the portable part of the project, though relatively bulky I still take it everywhere in a large plastic bag and pull it out to put in a few stitches whenever I can. The island is still separate and worked on at home: its much more awkward stitching and requires a table and superlative lighting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It felt (boomboom!) a real privilege to see you work on it yesterday. Looking at it virtually, it's impossible to really appreciate the process, much less the reality of the quantity of materials and hours and hours of stitching.
As always - so impressed M!
xxx
E