Sunday, February 22, 2009

Teaser


Hamilton Gardens is my favourite park in the whole world, and today I got to turn it into an artist's book by writing my poetry all over it in chalk.

I wrote for five hours today and tomorrow I get to go back and do another two or three, to get all the poems I want to write into all the places I want to write them.

Right now I can't actually identify any part of my body that isn't sore, scraped, grazed, blistered, bruised, aching or exhausted.

So, I'm sorry, you are going to have to wait for the big post about Love Letters at Your Feet. Right now I'm going to bed.


3 comments:

Ngaio said...

Hi there, the Gardens are my fav place in the world and I am usually down there Mon to Wed each week working at Wintec ( our students and technician look after the walled vege garden)we teach hort, arb, landscaping and floristry also - but I am really sick with some awful lurgy and was really looking forward to watching you write !!I have to get better as I am speaking in the sustainable garden on Sat bout bees - this has really knocked me about, been to dr and will go back tomorrow if no better.

Anonymous said...

I love this idea. I remember seeing an old man in China writing poems (? could have been anything, but I like to think it was poems) with a long brush he dipped into a bucket of water. It was cold enough that the characters froze to the ground.

Are you going to make a book out of the documentation? I hope so!

Anonymous said...

Hope you are recovering from the aches and pains - a true Labour of Love eh? Hey have we seen the full text of your poems? Would love to read them sometime. The snippets are wonderful!