Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Raspberries

I don't want to gloat or anything, especially to apartment and northern hemisphere dwellers, but today I went out into the sunny garden, picked a handful of raspberries and ate them: warm, sweet, juicy and flavourful.

As soon as the birdnet went on, they started to redden (well, were able to continue to redden without molestation from thrushes and starlings). The birds are still getting a few that are too close to the net for safety and a few birds get under the net and alternate panic with gorging until they find there way out. But most of the raspberries are going to make it. And I am going to make raspberry jam.

2 comments:

rachlovestheweb said...

AND you could give any excess raspberries to your friend whose name starts with R, who loves the web, and berries......

zydeco fish said...

Our raspberry bush only manages to produce a few small handfuls, but I guess it's still young, unlike me :-)