Monday, March 21, 2005

How to look

Boo hoo.. I can't go to the opening of Crossover exhibition tonight and see my book (How to Talk to this Diaspora Jew about Israel and Palestine) on display. Why? Because I am in Whangarei and the exhibition is in Wellington.

Instead I will walk around the hills talking to cows (they seem to like that) and scaring birds (not on purpose) because now I am a country girl. And to me that is actually more fun than standing round listening to speeches, drinking cheap wine, picking through kai for something I can eat, and talking artist's bullshit with other artists and their mothers.

But I wish I could see the exhibition. So if you are in Wellington this week can you do me a favour? Can you go along to the Academy of Fine Arts (it's on the waterfront, at Queens Wharf), check it out and then tell me about it. Of course I am interested in how the whole thing looks- very multicultural I'm sure- and in my friend's work, like Katrina Ching. But what I really want to know is... how does my book look? Email me or comment here... Thanks

No comments: